Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What This Blog Is

I'm just getting down the basic justifications of the existence of this blog. I will probably break all of the rules I'm setting down here almost immediately, but these are the guidelines for what this blog should theoretically be:
  • It's mostly about baseball and stats and salaries. I'm kind of interested in win shares and runs created but won't get too technical unless and until I actually have a technical understanding...of anything.
  • I may also write some other baseball-related stuff. I will post videos and pictures, too.
  • It's called Mr. July. Get it? Because July isn't when the playoffs are. I'm eying you meaningfully now and hoping you realize that July is when the trading deadline is. I will definitely be posting about trade rumors when they come up.
  • I am a Red Sox fan, and I keep the gloves up. A lot of people where I live think that Red Sox fans are all drunk and ornery and throw pizza at Garrett Anderson, but that was actually only one dude. I have never thrown a piece of pizza at anyone, so please do not send me hate mail directed at Boston fans. We're all friends here.
I reserve the right to come back and update these commandments if the need arises. Meanwhile, enjoy.

1 comment: